Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Night of Hope Wrap Up

Did you go to the Night of Hope?  I went and had a wonderful time.  I really love this night.  I always leave the night wanting to give all of our money to the Catholic schools.  Then my husband reins me in and we make a more reasonable donation. 

There is something very special about this night.  I always get a little teary-eyed when I listen to the children in the videos.  Our world is full of negative voices all the time; to hear these children talk about God and Jesus as a friend is amazing.  To hear them talk about walking in the footsteps of the Lord, make me grateful that my children attend Catholic School. 

There are always some funny parts of the night, and this year was no exception.  We always seem to be there for the annual Zombie Walk downtown.  Streets were closed and getting to the event wasnt easy, but we all made it.  It did feel weird talking to the police officer about the Night of Hope on Zombie Night. 

Fr. Parks did a wonderful job reminding all of us about how important our teachers are.  Teachers never know the influence that they have on our children.  One teacher can truly change a childs life.  God works to put all of his angels in our lives for a purpose. 

This night truly makes a difference in the lives of many of our students who attend Catholic school in the Diocese of Phoenix.  Thank you to everyone who helped to put this night together and all who came out in support.

No comments:

Post a Comment